Thursday, March 15, 2018

March Madness

March has been a crazy month. So crazy in fact that Dad (first time ever) and us forgot about March Madness basketball games that go on. It's the only sports event we participate in so it's usually a big deal (for all of us except Mom). Two years ago, I guessed correctly North Carolina all the way to the final 2 team playoffs for the championship. Last year, I put down North Carolina to win the whole tournament and guess what? It did! This year, I'm worried I won't be able achieve my high status of guessing from the past. We'll see what happens with the tournament this year!

In just a few days I head down to Mexico to the ranch I helped out at last year. I'm on the worship team this year and will be singing up on the stage in church along with my two friends Andrew and Brooke. It's been a lot to get ready and I still feel like our team doesn't have everything together so please please be praying. For team unity and for good conversations with the kids down at the ranch and on the streets evangelizing. We'll be going to the beach on Monday and hopefully the orphanage kids will come too (they did last year for the first time with LWS)!

As for school news, although I'm graduated and babysitting, I still love to learn and so I enrolled in Firmly Planted Homeschool Resource Center. I'm taking classes to make an audio drama by the one and only creator of Jonathon Park Adventure Chronicles, an amazing creation science based audio drama. We held auditions last Saturday and Sunday and 78 people filed through 2 rooms while we recorded voices for 12 hours. I needed German accents for my WW2 story set in Germany. One man auditioning for the bad German guy named Gunter changed up my lines a bit. I had Gunter saying, "Fat chance" and instead the man said, "Fat chance as Americans say" in a hardy German accent. I think the guy just won himself a part as Gunter!

I'll probably write another post soon after Mexico so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment